Board Meeting - 12/15/2022


Meeting Notes

1.       Call to order


2.       Roll call – voting members

President - Tim Ryan (x)

Vice President - Rory Held (x)

Secretary/Treasurer - Aaron Fischer (x)

Board Member -  Hannah Reisdorf ()

Board Member - Ryan Thayer ()

Board Member - Roger Amundson (x)

Board Member - Matt Craig (x)

Board Member - Matt Bahr (x)


3.       Approval of previous meeting notes



4.       Unfinished business



5.       Committee status reports

Strategic Planning / Robotics Growth Committee – Tim Ryan

No update - virtual meeting will be scheduled 1/5/2023 @7:30 - and to check in on kickoff and FTC/FLL event planning

Fundraising / Financial – Aaron Fischer

Aaron will do North Dakota yearly filing

Account balances shared

Outreach - Rory Held

Great Northern Regional - looking for donation of safety glass side shields - 50 pairs - roughly $50

NMRC was happy with our "streaming" partnership

ND STEM Ecosystem - looking into planning a STEM Kickoff - maybe an opportunity to pair with our Expo

Idea proposed to write a newsletter targeted at sponsors - year end wrapup and future plans


6.       Events

FIRSTFRC Kickoff - Jan 7 2023 - 9am-1pm

Working with teams to get headcount for food and such

STEM Ecosystem Grant still available - requires 3 school districts to attend - up to $3500

Proposed a Milwaukee rivet gun for each team - or a soldering setup

Looking for something that would be useful for teams and that we could build an education aspect around.

Maybe consumables - battery, aluminum, bearings, 3D filament, First Aid kit -

with a Safety, battery care, other short seminar/training

In the future maybe a kit of parts or ask teams what they need.

Or we plan to use the grant for streaming equipment upgrades

We will fund some door prizes supplement Digikey's provided door prizes to have something for each team.  Up to $150 per teams ($1200 total)  - motioned, seconded and approved.

with a Safety, battery care, other short seminar/training

Could we have FTC and FLL scrimmages at the same time - informal


FRC regional (Great Northern) in Grand Forks - March 10/11 - looking for judges - find event through and select judge role

FLL regional - Jan 21 2023 -

we will be streaming

Looking for volunteers

We will fund $500 for pizza for lunch - motioned, seconded, approved

Plan to have FRC there for a short demo

FTC regional - Jan 14 2023 -

we will be streaming

Looking for volunteers

Plan to have FRC there for a short demo




RRV Fair - met with Christa (new coordinator) to start planning for our participation in the STEM building next summer.  We will work on more and improved content - including static displays, active demonstrations and pulling in additional 3rd parties to do the same.  With some more specific planning the fair can do some more advertising.  We will spin up a subcommittee to work on specific planning - more discussion next meeting.



7.       New Business



8.       Plan next meeting


Jan 19 - 7:30 to 8:30 


9.       Adjourn


8:48 PM