Board Meeting - 3/28/2023


Meeting Notes


1.       Call to order



2.       Roll call – voting members

President - Tim Ryan (x)

Vice President - Rory Held (x)

Secretary/Treasurer - Aaron Fischer (x)

Board Member -  Hannah Reisdorf ()

Board Member - Ryan Thayer ()

Board Member - Roger Amundson (x)

Board Member - Matt Craig (x)

Board Member - Matt Bahr ()


3.       Approval of previous meeting notes

  1. Approved no discussion


4.       Unfinished business

  1. Grant request from Oak Grove FTC
    1. Motion to provide $2500 to Oak Grove FTC, request an impact report, and provide logos/socials to them for acknowledgment.  Motion Seconded and approved.
  2. Bytespeed donation acknowledgement - Aaron will complete


5.       Committee status reports

  1. Strategic Planning/Robotics Growth Committee – Tim Ryan
    1. Will be revisited in the coming weeks now that FRC season is complete.
  2. Financial – Aaron Fischer
    1. PayPal / Venmo
      1. We have accounts to accept donations on these systems.
      2. Need to include these and other systems in our reporting / auditing.
    2. Account Status
      1. General - $19748.93
      2. Directed - $8618.65
  3. Outreach - Rory Held
    1. No updates


6.       Events

  1. FIRST
    1. OffSeason - need to get in touch with Christa Ooten at RRV Fair to get a date scheduled.  Maybe target FoodTruck festival weekend.  Rory will reach out to Christa.  Also consider adding an FTC competition element at the same time.
  2. Camps
  3. Other
    1. RRV Fair - we want to be a part of the STEM building again.  Build on what we did last year.  Maybe spin up a sub-committee to talk about "content" for that week.  Rory will organize some discussions.  Everyone come with ideas and we'll start narrowing down.


  1. Vietnam History Night - May 2nd 6:30PM - We will provide streaming/recording services.


7.       New Business

  1.  MHCA - relationship with FRC is in question.  Might be time to revive a location search.  And a fundraising/Grant search with facility goals in scope.  Potentially connect with commercial real estate companies.  Also look for specific buildings that may be vacant/available.  Would be good if we better understand the rules about donating space vs donating money - would need to get some expert information.  Also a desire to have facilities that would support more than just the FRC teams.  FTC/FLL and other activities as well.  Including potentially having game fields set up for teams to come in and use.  Might be an opportunity for synergy with the local 3d print group that might be looking into growing into a maker space. 



8.       Plan next meeting

 Tuesday April 25th - 7:00PM


9.       Adjourn